Equality & Diversity
This is a knowledge-based QCF qualification. It covers enhanced early-stage learning and concepts relating to equality and diversity, particularly relating to society, the workplace, and the community.
It allows learners to:
- Raise their awareness of the issues surrounding equality and diversity
- Apply this awareness through their actions in society, community and the workplace.
It aims to:
- Introduce the concepts of equality and diversity in a variety of environments including society, the community and the workplace.
- Highlight how stereotyping and labelling affect individuals.
- Outline the effects of prejudice and discrimination.
- Allow the learner to examine rights and responsibilities.
- Stress the importance of taking individual responsibility and action to help and support others.
There are three units:
- Equality and Diversity in Society. This covers the issue of prejudice, discrimination and stereotyping.
- Equality and Diversity in the Community. It looks at diversity in the community and BFS look at it from the point of view of Blaenau Gwent.
- Equality and Diversity in the Workplace. This covers diversity and equality within the workplace.
Pupils will achieve the Level 2 Certificate in Equality and Diversity Work is completed in booklets which acts as their portfolio of evidence, it is internally assessed and externally moderated.
Pupils are graded Pass or Fail, a Pass is equivalent to two GCSEs at grade B.